Chocolate Mousse With Prunes is a low-fat and less sugary dessert because a little amount of chocolate is utilized to make it. Let’s check out its ingredients and method of preparation.
- 350 g dark chocolate (70%) , plus extra to serve
- 100 ml double cream
- 10 free-range eggs
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 500 g dried prunes
- 150 ml whisky
- 100 ml fresh unsweetened orange juice
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the prunes the night before: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to soak overnight.
2. The next day, break up the chocolate and melt in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Warm the cream in a pan over a low heat, then mix into the chocolate until smooth.
4. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric whisk until fluffy. Whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture, then gently fold this through the beaten egg whites.
5. Place the prunes in the base of a deep, glass trifle dish, pressing them against the sides. Pour over the mousse and allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours.
6. Shave over a little extra chocolate, and serve.