Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
For the grilled chicken:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 200 ml white wine
- 3 Tbsp French mustard
- 250 ml thick cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How to Make Grilled Chicken in Mustard Sauce
- Put each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound lightly to flatten evenly.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken pieces.
- Lightly oil the grill or grill pan. Grill over a medium-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and set-aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter and fry the onion until soft and transparent.
- Add the wine and boil rapidly until reduced to a quarter of the original amount.
- Stir in the cream and mustard and continue to cook until thickened.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a plate and spoon the sauce over the chicken.