These are very delicious waffles. You can eat savory veggie waffles even during lunch and dinner besides morning meal. Let’s check out its ingredients and method of preparation.
- ¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1-¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cups 1% Milk (any Other Milk Works Also)
- ⅔ cups Water
- ⅔ cups Grated Parmesan-asiago Cheese Blend (or Any Other Cheese)
- 2 stalks Scallions, Finely Chopped
- 3 sprigs Fresh Basil Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, Chopped
- ⅓ whole Large Orange Pepper, Stem And Seeds Removed Then Diced
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, and salt together. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and water. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well incorporated.
2. Fold in the cheese, scallions, basil, spinach, and orange pepper. The batter should be fairly thick.
3. Spray a waffle iron with cooking spray and heat it up according to manufacturer’s instructions. Pour some batter into the waffle iron. Be careful not to pour so much batter that it fills up the iron to the outer edge. If the iron is overfilled, the edges will not be cooked as well.
4. Cook the waffles for several minutes, according to manufacturer’s instructions, or to your desired color and crispness. Remove the cooked waffle to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
5. Let your waffles cool and serve with some maple syrup or just eat them plain! Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.