Give treat to your sweet tooth with this Shoo Fly Pie. Here is a list of ingredients and directions to prepare it.
- 3⁄4cup dark molasses(sorghum or dark Karo)
- 3⁄4cup boiling water
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 1⁄4cup shortening or 1⁄4cup butter
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar
- 1(9 inch) pastry dough
1. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add molasses. Combine sugar and flour and rub in shortening to make crumbs.
2. Pour 1/3 of the liquid into an unbaked crust. Add 1/3 of the crumb mixture. Continue alternating layers, ending with crumbs on top.
3. Bake at 375 for approximately 35 minutes.