Cheesy chicken and rice melted with salsa, refried beans, and enchilada sauce is this Chicken Jambalaya recipe. This is a quick and easy crockpot chip dip that’s perfect for your next game day, holiday party, or get-together.
We LOVE this chip dip. This simple recipe for chicken jambalaya comes together fast and slowly cooks in a crockpot so I don’t have to worry about what we are bringing to the party and can focus on who still needs to get dressed. Plus, this dip takes simple flavors, that everyone can enjoy, and rolls them into a warm all-in-one appetizer with chips. Who doesn’t like chips? Chips make all things fun and yummy!
Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya with Rice
A chip dip that is made up of pantry staples is my kind of appetizer. It’s so nice that you can have these ingredients on hand for that last-minute party snack.
Ingredients for a Jambalaya Dip
- 1- 12.5 ounce canned chicken, drained
- For a more hearty dip add more chicken.
- 1 cup uncooked minute rice
- Add more rice to thicken the dip.
- 1- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1- 16 ounce jar of salsa
- Use your favorite salsa. Add a hot salsa if you prefer things with more spice.
- 1- 10 ounce can of refried beans
- 16 ounces of Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions for a Easy Jambalaya Chip Dip
This recipe is the easiest chip dip recipe. It kinda feels like cheating because it’s only one step.
- Add all ingredients to medium crockpot and stir. Cook on high for about 2 hours OR cook on low for about 4 hours until the dip is hot and bubbling. Then just keep warm. Stir occasionally. Serve warm and with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Done! Now you are ready to sit back and enjoy the party!
What do you serve with Chicken Jambalaya?
Tortilla Chips! They are perfect for getting a good bite of all this cheesy goodness without the mess. We like to use these restaurant-style white corn tortilla chips but any tortilla chips work great. Make sure to have TWO bags on hand because this chicken jambalaya recipe makes a bunch of chip dip!
How to store Chicken Jambalaya Chip Dip?
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Great Game Day Appetizers
Try out these Ham and Cheese Sliders! Melted swiss cheese and warm ham sandwiched between sweet Hawaiian rolls covered in a savory butter sauce. These mini sandwiches always disappear!
Another warm and savory appetizer that everyone enjoys is this Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms recipe! Prep these stuffed mushrooms ahead of time or place them in the crockpot so you too can enjoy the game!
The rich taste of Old English Cheese, cream cheese, bacon bits, and green onions come together for this Cheesy Bagel Dip that is a total crowd-pleaser!
These are the perfect customizable appetizer or side: This Loaded Baked Potato Slices recipe makes a savory potato slice that is tender in the middle, slightly crispy on the outside, and topped with melty cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions.
Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
- 12.5 ounces cannned chicken 1 can, drained
- 1 cup minute rice uncooked
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce 1 can
- 16 ounces salsa 1 jar, your favorite brand and spice
- 10 ounces refried beans 1 can
- 16 ounces Velveeta Cheese cubed
- Add all ingredients to a medium crockpot and stir. Cook on high for about 2 hours OR cook on low for about 4 hours until the dip is hot and bubbling. Then just keep warm. Stir occasionally. Serve warm and with tortilla chips. Enjoy!