This classic meatloaf with crackers and cheese recipe makes me think of home. It’s a flavorful and juicy meatloaf top with a sweet and tangy ketchup-based sauce so every time you bite into it, it melts in your mouth. It’s comfort food at its finest.
Crackers and Cheese Meatloaf
Putting this meatloaf together is quite simple and since your family will be asking for it frequently soon you will be whipping it together like a pro. Plus, there’s so much room for forgiveness in this recipe. Have slightly more ground beef? No problem! Just throw in extra crackers and maybe add an egg depending. You can customize it to fit your family’s wants and needs. This foolproof recipe is made to be easy so enjoy!
First, you prepare the topping and put it in the fridge to set and incorporate.
Second, crush up those crackers(We like a good butter round cracker or Kellogg’s Town House crackers.), slightly mix those eggs, and get that cheese ready. Then you take the crakers, eggs, cheese, and all ingredients other than the ground beef and mix them together in a large bowl.
Third, you add the ground beef and mix just to combine! You mustn’t over-combine as it will give you a tough meatloaf. Not one that traps moisture and falls apart in your mouth. You don’t want that! Mixing a meatloaf is easiest to do by hand. Believe me, I have tried it other ways and it’s just never the same. Plus, it’s a rite of passage probably.
Lastly, mold that ground beef mixture in a baking dish and bake away taking it out once in the middle of the baking time to add the ketchup topping. No need to cover the dish. Let it sit for 10 minutes to reabsorb the juices. Then enjoy!!
You can pair this classic meatloaf with crackers and cheese with several sides. Green beans and homemade mashed potatoes for a hearty meal that please all the dudes or keep it light with a delicious side salad.
More Ground Beef Meal Ideas
Browned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, and the subtle kick of garlic, onion, and mustard all come together to give you quick and easy Crockpot Cheeseburgers. Crockpot cheeseburgers are the fun and cheesy version of traditional sloppy joes!
This is a one-pot meal idea! Tender egg noodles, hearty ground beef, mushrooms, carrots, and onions all covered in a rich and creamy sauce make this Beef Stroganoff recipe a win for everyone!
Juicy ground beef, flaky potatoes, and tender carrots all baked in butter make this warm ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe the perfect hearty dish to please all those savory taste buds. Top this homemade beef casserole with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream for the total package of creamy, cheesy goodness.
This Traditional Spaghetti with Meat Sauce recipe combines spaghetti noodles covered in a sweet homemade tomato sauce topped with a hearty meat sauce.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- 1½ sleeves crushed round crackers ex: Toll house or Ritz
- 6 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup For topping
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard For topping
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar For topping
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Set aside in refrigerator.-This will be used later as the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, crushed crackers, cheese, milk, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- And in ground beef. Mix to just combined. DO NOT over mix!
- Pour beef mixture into a slightly greased 9×13 baking pan and form into a mound or loaf.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread topping evenly over entire meatloaf. Bake for 30-40 minutes until center is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and Enjoy!