Tangy BBQ sauce mixed with sweet honey, savory garlic, and the slight spice of cayenne pepper come together for the best sauce crockpot meatballs could ask for. This Crockpot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs recipe is a quick and easy appetizer idea that crowds love!
These crockpot meatballs are a simple appetizer that is full of serious flavor! I didn’t think I could love anything more than the grape jelly and bbq sauce meatballs recipe but these honey garlic crockpot meatballs beat it! The blend of sweet honey and tangy barbecue mixes so well with the cayenne pepper for a thick and rich sauce that keeps you coming back for more.
How to make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Meatballs
As a 5 ingredient appetizer, this recipe comes together fast so you won’t miss anything at your next party.
Ingredients for Crockpot Meatballs
- 28-ounce bottle of BBQ sauce
- Use your favorite brand. We like Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- This gives these honey garlic meatballs just a bit of kick however if you are cooking for a sensitive crowd that doesn’t prefer heat or any spice, only add 1/4 teaspoon, just a dash or just omit the pepper altogether.
- 32-ounce bag of premade frozen traditional meatballs, thawed
- We prefer that homestyle over Itailan style meatballs for this recipe.
- Have a 48 ounce family-size bag of meatballs? There’s plenty of sauce if you want to add a few more meatballs.
Directions for Easy Crockpot Meatballs
First, add the BBQ sauce, honey, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper to the crockpot and mix well.
Tip: For easy clean-up, line your slow cooker with a crockpot liner.
Then stir in the premade meatballs until all are coated with the sauce.
Lastly, cover and cook the meatballs on low for 3 hours until heated through and bubbling. (Or on high for 2 hours.) Stir, serve, and enjoy!
What’s the Difference between thawing the meatballs or cooking them from frozen?
In short, the sauce will be thinner when you don’t thaw the meatballs beforehand.
What do you do if the meatball sauce is runny and thin?
If you find the honey garlic sauce thin, simply crack the lid to your crockpot to let some of the moisture escape. Eventually, this will thicken the sauce.
What do you serve with Crockpot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs?
More of our amazing appetizers, of course! They are perfect for game day, holiday gatherings, and birthday party fun. These Pizza Sliders or Ham and Cheese Sliders are great for the perfect mini sandwich idea. Or there is this cheesy Chicken Jambalaya Chip Dip Recipe. Craving something fresh and light? Try this Deconstructed Bruschetta with Mozzarella recipe that is all about classic flavors. Lastly, this Edible Cookie Dough is the perfect sweet treat and so fun that your guest will gobble them right up!
More Great and Easy Dishes
More meatball goodness? This Italian Meatball and Cheese Tortellini Soup recipe is a one-pot easy meal idea that’s perfect for busy nights!
Layers of a sweet meat sauce, tender lasagna noodles, and delicious cheese is this amazing Easy Crockpot Lasagna recipe. Assemble in the crockpot early and watch this dish come to life for an easy meal idea.
This Slow Cooker Cube Steak Recipe is simple with just three ingredients and the results leave you feeling like you ate a hearty meal without spending all day in the kitchen.
Lastly, I will leave you with a great but super simple dessert. Perfect for brunch or dinner. Fluffy and light white cake with pockets of sweet cherry pie filling baked within and topped with a homemade glaze make a perfect Cherry Brunch Cake.
Crockpot Honey Garlic BBQ Meatballs
- 28 ounces BBQ Sauce We like Sweet Baby Ray's.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 ounces premade frozen meatball, homestyle thawed
- Add the BBQ sauce, honey, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper to the crockpot and mix well.Tip: For easy clean-up, line your slow cooker with a crockpot liner.
- Then stir in the premade meatballs until all are coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook the meatballs on low for 3 hours until heated through and bubbling. (Or on high for 2 hours.) Stir, serve, and enjoy!