Simple pantry staples of flour, milk, salt, and pepper come together with savory browned ground breakfast sausage in a hearty breakfast of this Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits recipe.
Yum! Nothing says comfort food like this Easy Sauage Gravy and Biscuits recipe with its warm creamy sausage gravy and a flaky biscuit. These biscuits disappear at the breakfast table.
This easy recipe can be customized to different tastes. We’ve made it with maple breakfast sausage, mild breakfast sausage, and, if you like heat, hot breakfast sausage. All are so good and have a distinct flavor that our family loves!
5-Ingredient Sausage Gravy
A warm breakfast idea with five ingredients! And it can easily feed a crowd. This Sausage Gravy and Biscuits recipe truly is a family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and a delight at the breakfast table.
Ingredients for Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 16-ounce can of Jumbo Biscuits
- 1(16-ounce) package of ground Breakfast Sausage
- Try different flavors like Maple or Medium ground sausage for extra flavors.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk(more to thin)
- salt and black pepper, season to taste
- optional shredded cheddar cheese
Directions for Sausage Gravy
Begin baking biscuits per package instructions or be prepared to warm made biscuits.
First, brown the ground sausage over medium heat in a large skillet until no longer pink. Do not drain drippings.
Then, stir in flour until well combined. Gradually add milk, stirring occasionally, until the gravy thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, and stir for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Finally, split the biscuits and top each half with 1/3 cup gravy. Top with shredded cheese if preferred.
Storing Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Store the sausage gravy and biscuits in separate air-tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Reheat the gravy in a skillet over low heat on the stove until warm. Reheat the biscuits on a baking pan in the oven until warm. Both can be reheated in the microwave as well.
Other Ways to Use Sausage Gravy
Breakfast sausage gravy is very versatile. Hands down, sausage gravy over freshly baked biscuits is the best. However, life happens, and we must explore other ways to use this delicious sausage gravy. Sausage gravy over toast is simple and also a delight! Sausage gravy over home fries and eggs in a breakfast bowl is amazing. And my kids’ favorite, sausage gravy with shredded hash browns, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese in a breakfast burrito, is the absolute bomb! They beg for that breakfast.
Easy Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 16 ounce can of jumbo biscuits
- 16 ounce package of breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ cups milk(more to thin if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional shredded cheddar cheese
- Begin baking biscuits per package instructions or be prepared to warm made biscuits.
- Brown the ground sausage over medium heat in a large skillet until no longer pink. Do not drain drippings.
- Stir in flour until well combined. Gradually add milk, stirring occasionally, until the gravy thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, and stir for about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Split the biscuits and top each half with 1/3 cup gravy. Top with shredded cheese if preferred.
Other Great Ground Sausage Recipes
Try out this Sausage Breakfast Muffin recipe. AMAZING! These delightful Sausage Breakfast Muffins are a pull-apart breakfast muffin recipe full of browned ground sausage and shredded cheddar cheese nestled in fluffy Grands biscuits. They are great on their own but divine when dipped into maple pancake syrup! Make them for parties, showers, brunches, or as a quick and easy breakfast on the go!
Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake: Ground breakfast sausage browned with peppers and onions and then mixed with hash browns, eggs, and Bisquick is the basic idea behind this incredibly delicious but seriously easy breakfast bake recipe!
The savory taste of ground breakfast sausage, onions, and cheese sprinkled between layers of buttered bread makes this Breakfast Casserole recipe simply the best! Like a breakfast sandwich in casserole form, this delicious dish has been a favorite in our house for years.