Ground breakfast sausage browned with peppers and onions, and then mixed with hash browns, eggs, and Bisquick is the basic idea behind this incredibly delicious but seriously easy breakfast bake recipe!
Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake
While I found this recipe in an old cookbook, it is super similar to Bisquick’s Impossible Easy Breakfast Bake! Either way, it’s always a hit. Even though it’s super simple to make this all in the morning, you can also prep this entire dish the night before and just bake it in the morning! I have browned the sausage with the green peppers and onions the night before and then dumped the rest together as the oven preheated in the morning as well.
How to make a Breakfast Bake
First things first, add your ground sausage to a large skillet with the green peppers and onions. Brown the meat until no longer pink, drain and set aside.
Next mix together the sausage, hash browns, and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese in a 9×13 inch baking dish. I personally like to mix this all in a large bowl and then pour it into the baking dish. Then I do not have to worry about keeping everything inside the dish as I mix and stir.
Once you have your sausage and hash brown mixture in the pan, whisk together the Bisquick, milk, egg, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour it evenly over your hashbrowns.
Bake the sausage and hash brown breakfast bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Add remaining cheese and bake to melt the cheese. Let the dish sit for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Other Great Breakfast Options
While this simple sausage and hash brown breakfast casserole combines all our favorite breakfast flavors baked together creating a powerful punch in every bite, I understand some times you might want more!
Try these amazing and super easy crepes! Light, airy, and with a touch of sweetness these crepes are also prepped the night before and can impress any breakfast or brunch guest you may have over.
How about an amazing cinnamon roll? Perfectly fluffy rolls swirled with cinnamon, syrup, and sugar is the basic make-up of this mashed potato cinnamon rolls recipe. Pair it with buttercream icing and it’s perfect!
Bacon, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Skillet all made in one pan! You’ll love this easy breakfast recipe. What can be better than cheesy, crispy bacon, potatoes, and over-easy eggs? It looks delicious!
Sausage and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake
- 2-12 ounce ground breakfast sausage
- 1 cup green peppers chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 2½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon peppper
- Brown the sausage with the peppers and onions until no longer pink, drain.
- Combine the sausage mixture, hash browns, and 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix the Bisquick, milk, eggs, and pepper together in a medium bowl and pour evenly over the sausage mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake the dish uncovered at 400°F degrees for 40-45 minutes. Add remaining cheese on top and bake to melt the cheese. Let the dish stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Ann and Bob Hill
Thank you for the recipe. I will definitely give a few a try .