Tender chicken coated in the sweet heat of Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce mixed with cool Ranch, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese is easy dump-and-go Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. Truly a party favorite, this addictive dip always disappears!
My kids can never get enough of this dip. Even with the kick from the hot sauce, they devour this buffalo chicken chip dip! It’s the balance of the Ranch, though, that makes it a family favorite! This easy buffalo chicken dip might even win out our super easy 2-ingredient potato chip dip if you let the kids pick!
Buffalo Chicken Chip Dip
Yum….. Chicken, cheese, cheese, Ranch, and hot sauce! This 5-ingredient buffalo chicken chip dip is easily a midwestern party must-have for the appetizer table. Simply mix and go for a hot on-the-go party dish!
- Cooked Chicken
- The chicken needs to be cooked. We choose to use shredded cooked chicken that we cook up in a crockpot, shred, portion out into 2-cup bags, and refreeze. Then we just have to thaw the chicken for quick meals and appetizers.
- Want an easier way? Use 2- 12.5 ounce cans of chicken in water. Make sure to drain them.
- Cream Cheese
- Softened at room temperature(cubed if making on the stovetop)
- Classic Ranch Dressing
- Kraft Ranch is the house favorite here; however, I do use generic brand Ranch in chip dips.
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- We stick to Franks Red Hot Sauce as a rule. For us, the flavor is just better.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Two regular-size bags or one really big bag of your favorite brand is what you will need.
- Optional but refreshing, especially if you don’t know the crowd. People like dipping options.
This is as easy as it gets!
First, add all ingredients except the celery and chips into a slow cooker. Lightly stir. Then cook for 1-2 hours on HIGH, stirring occasionally. Once everything is heated through and well blended, it’s done!
Serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
Stove-Top Buffalo Chicken Dip
In a large skillet, on medium heat, heat up the chicken and hot sauce. Then stir in the Ranch and cubed cream cheese until completely melted. Next, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until well blend. Cook until hot and bubbling. Then turn to keep warm. Transfer dip into a serving container, glass baking dish, or slow cooker on warm for the party!
Storing Buffalo Chicken Dip
Store leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a pan on the stove o low heat, stirring occasionally, or in the microwave.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- ¾ cup Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce, orginial more or less will affect the spiciness of your dip
- 1 cup Classic Ranch Dressing
- 2 cup cooked chicken shredded(OR 2- 12.5 ounce cans chunk chicken,drained)
- 16 ounce cream cheese (2 blocks)softened
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- celery sticks optional
- Add all ingredients except celery and chips into a slow cooker. Lightly stir. Cook for 1-2 hours on HIGH, stirring occasionally. Once everything is heated through and well blended, it's done! Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks!
More Chip Dips
If you want a chip dip that screams summer, this Pineapple Corn Salsa is superb! Tangy crushed pineapple, white shoepeg corn, sweet onion, and your favorite chunky salsa all come together to make this deliciously light and sweet salsa recipe.
This a pretzel dip that covers the sweet tooth. It’s so yummy you’ll be tempted to eat it plain! This Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip recipe marries the sweet, fluffy strawberry pie filling and cream cheese perfectly to the crunch of salty pretzels for an additive dip from a classic dessert.
Cheesy chicken and rice melted with salsa, refried beans, and enchilada sauce is this Chicken Jambalaya Dip recipe. This is a quick and easy crockpot chip dip that’s perfect for your next game day, holiday party, or get-together.