Cream of mushroom and dry onion soup mix slow-cooked over cube steaks makes a super tasty and tender steak covered in a thick and creamy brown gravy that your whole family will love! This slow cooker cube steak recipe is simple with just three ingredients and the results leave you feeling like you ate a hearty meal without spending all day in the kitchen. It’s a win, win!
How to make Crockpot Cube Steaks
This easy slow cooker cube steaks recipe is three ingredients and three steps!
First, evenly spread a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup on the bottom of your slow cooker or crockpot.
Next, separately add each cube steak to the crockpot. Allow for some gaps so the liquids can get in between each steak.
Lastly, spread the second can of cream of mushroom soup on the steaks. Then sprinkle the dry onion soup mix on top.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low. The steaks are done when they are no longer pink and are tender to pull at with a fork. Cooking them low on heat and slow(6-8 hours) makes them super tender, almost to the point where they fall apart when moved. My kids love the fact that these steaks practically melt in their mouths. No tough meat here!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes
Have some ground beef to use up? Browned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, and the subtle kick of garlic, onion, and mustard all come together to give you quick and easy crockpot cheeseburgers. Crockpot cheeseburgers are the fun and cheesy version of traditional sloppy joes and deserve a spot in your weeknight meal rotation today!
Need a great side? This broccoli cheese rice casserole has it all as a filling hot vegetable. Plus, it’s super yummy! Broccoli, cheese, and rice all slow-cooked together in a crockpot to make the best melt-in-your-mouth casserole ever!
Last but not least, everyone loves a potato recipe that works! The ooey-gooey goodness of sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheddar cheese and hash browns melted together by hours of slow cooking makes these crockpot party potatoes a win at your next gathering!
Crockpot Cube Steaks
- 4-8 cube steaks thawed
- 21½ ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup 2-10¾ ounce cans
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- Spread one can of cream of mushroom soup evenly on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add cube steaks one at a time. Make sure to take out any wrappers or patty papers.
- Spread the last can of cream of mushroom soup over the steaks. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the steaks are no longer pink and easily pulled with a fork. If you have time break the steaks apart while cooking to allow the soups to get between the layers. Serve with mashed potatoes and a hot vegetable or white rice and a steamed vegetable.