This traditional spaghetti with meat sauce recipe combines spaghetti noodles covered in a sweet tomato sauce topped with a hearty meat sauce. It’s simple to throw together making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s yummy enough to impress the whole family.
Simple Spaghetti Recipe
Since this recipe incorporates basic ingredients, it’s an easy last-minute meal. After you boil the noodles all it takes is a can of tomato sauce, sugar, and pepper to taste to make the sweet sauce to coat the noodles.
Then you take a pound of browned ground beef, add a packet of spaghetti seasoning mix with water, and let it simmer. The simmer is the secret to getting a yummy sauce. By simmering the sauce you break down those herbs letting the favors incorporate into the beef. And done!
If you want to make these spaghetti swirls like pictured above, you need a serving fork and spoon. Then I took large portions of the noodles covered in the tomato sauce and twirled the spaghetti to make these swirls. Top with the meat sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley. It adds an impressive flair to a simple dish.
You can pair this simple spaghetti with a meat sauce recipe with a basic garden salad and some garlic bread to make it a complete meal. We also love to have greens beans and fruits as sides. If you want a fun meal, try this spaghetti in making our spaghetti boats recipe. It is blissful silence at our table when we have spaghetti boats followed by rave reviews all around. A win, win for all moms!
More Great Main Dish Ideas
This traditional spaghetti is what we use in our famous Spaghetti Boats recipe! Spaghetti boats are all your favorite parts of spaghetti night neatly stacked up so every bite is the cheese, noodles, meat sauce, and garlic bread.
Tender manicotti noodles stuffed with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses and traditional pesto topped with a red spaghetti sauce is this Easy Baked Manicotti recipe! A perfect meatless Monday meal that the whole family will love!
How about a delicious potato soup? Tender potato and carrots surrounded by a thick cream cheese broth topped with bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onion is this homemade Cream Cheese Potato Soup recipe.
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 16 ounce spaghetti noodles
- 29 ounce tomato sauce divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 spaghetti sauce seasoning packet
- Boil water and cook spaghetti noodles per box directions or until desired tenderness.
- Once noodles are cooked and drained, add 16oz tomato sauce, sugar and black pepper to pot. Mix well and coat all noodles.
- As noodles are cooking brown ground beef in a skillet and drain fat. Once drained, return the meat to the skillet and add the remaining tomate sauce, water and seasoning packet. Simmer the meat mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- After the meat suace is done simmering, top it on a bed of noodles. Serve warm with your choice of sides and enjoy!