Tender bowtie pasta, crisp broccoli florets, bacon bits, and shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese all mixed and coated in a sweet homemade dressing make this bow tie pasta salad recipe a true crowd pleaser!
Bowtie pasta salad is a cold salad that is best prepared the night before taking the stress of having to put something together right before dinner. It easily comes together in minutes with hardly any mess and travels well. Plus, This delicious pasta salad is a great alternative to the traditional pasta salad of veggies, rotini noodles, and Italian dressing! This bowtie pasta salad is great for Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
Bowtie pasta with broccoli florets and cheddar cheese!
Make this bowtie pasta salad the night before! It keeps the mess and stress out of your mealtime and gives these fresh ingredients time to marinate in the dressing. The end result is a delicious and creamy pasta salad!
Start by cutting the florets off of one bunch of broccoli. This recipe is about 12 ounces of broccoli. Soak the florets in water, rinse well and let air dry.
Make the dressing by combining the miracle whip, sugar, and vinegar. Make sure it’s well combined and place it in the fridge to chill.
Then prepare your pasta. Following the box directions, boil your bowtie pasta to desired tenderness. Rinse with cold water.
Lastly add the broccoli, pasta, bacon bits, shredded cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses to a large bowl. Coat all ingredients in the dressing and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight! Toss once again, enjoy, and watch it disappear!
Bowtie Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce box of bowtie pasta
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli about 12 ounces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 oz bacon bits recommend Hormel brand
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Prepare the broccoli by cutting off the florets. Soak and rinse well!
- Cook the pasta according the box directions and to desired tenderness. Rinse with cold water.
- Mix together miracle whip, sugar and vinegar creating the dressing. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the dressing, pasta, broccoli, cheeses, and bacon bits together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 4hours or overnight. Toss right before serving and Enjoy!