Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are the creamy goodness of cream cheese, sour cream melted and mix with shredded chicken, black beans, and Rotel all wrapped up in tortillas and baked to perfection. Incredibly easy to make, quick, and delicious, this meal will feed the entire family with hopefully leftovers for later!
How to make chicken enchiladas
This is easy chicken enchiladas recipe is my go-to meal for busy nights. So much so that I keep a canned chicken, Rotel, and black beans as pantry staples because you never know when you might just need a last-minute meal. And it’s perfect too because it blends the warm creamy goodness of the chicken mixture in the tortilla with the fresh crisp texture and taste of the lettuce and salsa. Let’s get cooking!
First, open those cans. Drain and rinse the black beans. Drain the chicken and Rotel. Pour the chicken and Rotel in a large skillet on high and bring them to a boil. Make sure that most of the moisture evaporates off. Once that happens, turn the heat down to a medium-low setting.
Next, add the cream cheese and break it down until it completely dissolves. Then add the sour cream and black beans and mix well. Remove from heat.
Now take about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and pile it down the middle of each extra-large flour tortilla. You will use around 6-8 tortillas. Place each enchilada seem-side down into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
Once all the chicken enchiladas are made sprinkle the shredded cheddar over top and evenly drizzle the milk. Cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Uncover and broil for 3-5 minutes until lightly browning and edges crisp. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish and Enjoy!
These cheesy chicken enchiladas are really that easy but here are some quick time-saving tips that might come in handy.
Save time by preheating your oven and preparing the black beans while cooking down the chicken and Rotel. The chicken only needs a couple of quick stirs every minute or so.
Also, microwave your cream cheese 10 second at a time to soften it if you forgot to set it out earlier that day.
Don’t have canned chicken? I will use leftover shredded chicken breast too. As long as it’s not flavored, it should be fine!
Lastly, once this meal hits the oven I take that baking time to tiny the kitchen or tend to other tasks and in 30 minutes I have a warm delicious meal!
More Quick Meal Ideas for Busy Nights
Mummies in a blanket is an easy kid-friendly meal idea! A yummy hot dog wrapped in crescent roll baked until golden brown is perfect for little hands to dunk in their favorite sauces!
If you are craving a creamy cheese-covered pasta, this five cheese ziti recipe is for you! As a copycat recipe of Olive Garden’s five cheese ziti, it is so flavorful that you will be soon adding it to your weeknight rotation.
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 12.5 ounces canned chicken(1 can) drained and shredded
- 15.25 ounces black beans(1 can) drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces Rotel(1 can) drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- 8 extra-large flour tortillas 8/10-inch size
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- In a large skillet, bring to a boil the drained Rotel and chicken. Let most of the juices evaporate off. Turn burner down to a medium low setting.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it is dissloved. Then add the drained and rinsed black beans and sour cream. Mix everything together until well blended.
- Remove from heat and spoon ¼ cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll them each individually and place them seem-side down into a lightly grease 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Once all tortillas are placed into the pan, sprinkle them with the shedded cheddar cheese and drizzle the milk evenly over the top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350° Fahrehit for 30 minutes. Uncovered and broil for 3-5 minutes until the top lightly browns. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, salsa and a dollop of sour cream if you like. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply