Healthy, easy, and fast is this simple chicken stir fry recipe! No-fuss marinated chicken and fresh crisp vegetables all come together over a warm bed of white rice to give this dinner idea a rainbow of colors and flavors your whole family will love!
How to Make a Stir Fry
I love this simple chicken stir fry recipe because it is so easy! The marinade is one ingredient. The ingredients are customizable to what you have on hand, what needs ate up, and what are your favorite vegetables. Plus, you can prep most of it ahead of time making it the perfect meal for a busy night!
Prep the Ingredients
- The night before cut up your chicken breast into semi-even pieces. I like to do 1.5″ by 1.5″ cubes. We used 3 chicken breasts. Then place all the chicken in a sealable container or bag and pour in one bottle of Kraft sun-dried tomato vinaigrette! This vinaigrette gives the stir fry great but simple favors that are perfect for anyone who doesn’t like strong or spicy marinades. Plus, no measuring! Let this marinate for at least a couple of hours.
- Why cut your chicken into the same size pieces? It makes it easier to fry them up! You won’t have the little pieces done before the bigger ones.
- Can you marinate your chicken for too long? Yes! Try to only marniate chicken for up to 24 hours. Any time longer than that could result in tougher chicken.
- Prep your vegetables. We love to use an assortment of what we have in the fridge and what needs ate up. Stir fry is a great meal incorporate vegetables into your kids’ diet! Remember if you need to save time during dinner, vegetables keep well so you can prep them days in advance. Here’s what we used:
- Two cups of broccoli florets. You can also use a bag of frozen broccoli florets. You don’t even need to thaw them!
- Two cups of cauliflower florets. Totally optional. We tend to only have cauliflower on hand when it’s leftover from a vegetable tray.
- One cup of carrots sliced
- 16 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- Two bell peppers of any color sliced
- One medium onion sliced
Fry the Chicken and Vegetables
- Once you are ready, fire up your griddle or flat-top grill. Get it good and hot about a medium-high, around 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on your griddle or your flat-top grill. Now just dump everything on and get cooking.
- Flip and turn the meat and vegetables periodically so everything gets cooked through. You can check if your meat is done with a meat thermometer. Poultry needs to be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This takes anywhere from 10-15 minutes depending upon your heat and how tender you want your veggies.
Make the Rice
Finally, make the rice. We use minute rice for this simple chicken stir fry. We measure out the rice to water ratio on the box and microwave it in a large 2-quart glass measuring bowl. About 2 cups of dry rice seems to be perfect for our family for this recipe however make the amount that fits your families needs! You can do this while the chicken and vegetables are frying.
Plate your rice and stir-fry. We choose to do a bed of rice and then the chicken stir fry on top however you can just mix it all together as well. And done! A complete, delicious, and healthy meal the whole family can enjoy in just minutes!
Simple Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 chicken breast cut into 1.5"x1.5" cubes
- 1 bottle of Kraft sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 2 cups broccoli florets can be frozen
- 2 cups cauiflour florets optional
- 1 cup fresh carrots sliced
- 16 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 2 bell peppers- any color sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups minute rice
- Prep your ingredients. Most of them can be done the night before. Marinate the chicken for at least two hours.
- Heat up your griddle or grill to about 400°F. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil onto the griddle. Dump the entire bowl of marinated chicken and dressing. Add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Stir frequently and cook until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. About 10-15 minutes.
- Mix water and rice and microwave per box instructions. This can be done while cooking chicken and vegetables.
- Plate the chicken and vegetables over the rice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply