Tender tortellini coated in a creamy blend of alfredo and spaghetti sauce, mixed with ground sausage, and topped with a blend of melted cheeses makes this Sausage Tortellini Bake a winner!
How to make Creamy Sausage Tortellini
First, brown the ground sausage until no longer pink and drain. Also, bring a stockpot of water to a boil and cooked the tortellini until done. You can do these steps at the same time since both are done over the stove and just need a watchful eye and occasional stir.
Next, strain the tortellini and return it to the stockpot. Add the drained sausage. Open the jars of spaghetti and alfredo sauce and pour them over the tortellini and sausage. Mix well and pour the pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
Now it’s time to make the topping for over the sausage and tortellini bake. This cheese topping adds just the right amount of Italian seasoning and completes this pasta dish. Combine the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and oregano in a medium bowl. Sprinkle it evenly over the pasta.
Lastly, Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes and you can broil the last 2-3 until the cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown. Broiling the cheese crips the edges a bit. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
This sausage tortellini bake is so good that it can be a complete meal alone, however it does pair well with steamed vegetables or a small side salad. Also, garlic bread never hurts! Enjoy!
Other Easy Meal Ideas
Want easy clean-up? This ziti recipe is a one-pot wonder that will have your family asking for seconds. Creamy cheese-covered pasta is what this five cheese ziti is all about!
Need a quick side? Trying to introduce a healthier snack option to your kids? Need a last-minute dish for a potluck or party? If so, this sweet and creamy apple dip is the answer! Slice up those apples, pair it with this dip and watch apples disappear!
This Crazy Good Beef and Broccoli stir fry looks amazing! An easy one-pan beef stir fry with ultra tender beef strips and juicy bites of broccoli makes this dish a popular one! A sweet-and-savory sauce bumps up the flavors a notch, and it’s perfect served with white rice.
Sausage Tortellini Bake
- 27 ounce cheese tortellini I used 3- 9 oz. packages. Cooked to desired tenderness.
- 1 pound ground sausage browned and drained
- 24 ounce spaghetti sauce I used 1- 24 oz. jar Prego traditional sauce.
- 16 ounce alfredo sauce I used 1- 16 oz. jar Ragu original alfredo sauce.
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Brown the sausage, drain. Cook the tortellini, strain. In the used stockpot combine the tortellini, sausage, and sauces. Then spread the pasta evenly into a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the oregano, garlic powder, and cheeses. Layer the cheese mixture on top of the pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until boiling. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes and you can broil the last 2-3 until the cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a fresh side salad and garlic toast!
Hi Julie, this sounds good! The alfredo addition is intriguing.I’m going to make it for my husband and I this week.