This recipe for Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes is a delightful one-pan meal idea. With juicy baked chicken breasts and tender green beans and potatoes sprinkled in an Italian salad dressing seasoning packet, this is a complete meal that’s easy to make.
I have made this Italian chicken, green beans, and potatoes recipe for as long as I can remember. The whole dish works for our crazy schedules. The prep work is super simple and can be done with lots of helpers. Then because it bakes for an hour, it gives you time to clean the kitchen, finish up the kids’ homework, or tidy the house before sitting down to a delicious, warm, and filling meal with the family. And, since it’s a one-dish wonder, clean-up is a breeze too! Winner, winner chicken dinner!
How to make Baked Chicken with an Italian Dressing Seasoning Packet
As a 5-ingredient dinner idea, this baked chicken and vegetables dish is super easy to make. Prep the chicken and veggies, season, and bake! This is a zesty homemade meal full of good protein and yummy vegetables that your family will love!
Ingredients for Italian Chicken with green beans and potatoes
- 2 pounds of chicken breast, cut to 1-2″ cubes
- Two pounds of chicken is around two large chicken breasts.
- We prefer to cube them so then the chicken chunks are easily eaten later without much cutting up for younger kids. If you leave them whole I would pound them to be all the same thickness or butterfly them(cut them in half horizontal) so they are the same thickness. The chicken cooks more evenly this way.
- 4 cups of red potatoes, cleaned with bad spots cut out and cut to about 1/2″ cubes
- 1 bag of frozen whole green beans
- 1- 0.7oz Italian salad dressing seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick divided into 8 slices
- 9×13-inch baking dish
Directions for Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes
First, line the side of the 9×13-inch baking dish with green beans and then the other side of the pan with the cubed potatoes. Then place the chicken between the green beans and potatoes. There can be some overlapping.
Next, sprinkle the Italian salad dressing seasoning packet over the entire dish and evenly place the butter slices on top.
Cover the Italian chicken, green beans, and potatoes with foil and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. The dish is done when the chicken is cooked through to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
Serve Italian chicken, green beans, and potatoes warm by themselves, with dinner rolls, or a simple side salad and fresh fruit.
Can you use different vegetalbes in this Italian Chicken Bake?
Yes, this baked chicken dish is very versatile. We like to use green beans or broccoli however, try cauliflower, carrots, or asparagus too. While frozen and fresh vegetables seem to work best, canned green beans work but will be on the soft side once baked.
What different types of potatoes can you use in the Italian Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes recipe?
Red Potatoes are our favorite. We love the neutral flavor and how they practically melt in your mouth when baked. Yukon Gold potatoes are another good choice. They are very similar to red potatoes and have a more buttery flavor. Lastly, Russet potatoes work well too. They are low in moisture making for a light and fluffier potato when baked but, keep in mind Russet potatoes tend to take longer to bake.
The best practice is to cut your preferred potatoes into the same size cube around 1/2 inch. This will ensure that they all bake at the same rate no matter what kind of potato you choose. Then, double-check to make sure they are done by piercing one of the bigger potatoes with a fork. Potatoes that are done are easily pierced(or fall apart) with a fork.
Italian Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-2" cubes
- 4 cups red potatoes cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10.8 ounces frozen whole green beans 1 bag( around 10-12 ounces)
- .7 ounce Italian salad dressing seasoning packet 1 packet
- ½ cup butter divided into 8 slices
- Line the side of the 9×13-inch baking pan with green beans and then the other side of the pan with the cubed potatoes. Then place the chicken between the green beans and potatoes. There can be some overlapping.
- Sprinkle the Italian salad seasoning packet over the entire dish and evenly place the butter slices on top.
- Cover the Italian chicken, green beans, and potatoes with foil and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. The dish is done when the chicken is cooked through to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.Serve this baked chicken dish warm by itself, with dinner rolls, or a simple side salad and fresh fruit.
More One-Pan Meal Ideas
The fewer dishes, the better is what we say! From savory soups to hearty meat and potatoes, these are some of our greatest go-to dinners.
Italian meatballs and tender cheese tortellini mixed with tomatoes and frozen vegetables make this simple soup full of flavors that everyone can enjoy! This Italian Meatball and Cheese Tortellini Soup recipe is perfect for busy nights.
This is a delightful and creamy soup for the soul! Tender potato and carrots surrounded by a thick cream cheese broth topped with bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onion is this homemade Cream Cheese Potato Soup recipe.
This Ground Beef and Potato Casserole is made up of juicy ground beef, flaky potatoes, and tender carrots all baked in butter. Top it with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for a hearty dish that warms you right up.
Lastly, who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? And it’s meatless too! As a copycat recipe of Olive Garden’s five cheese ziti, this Five Cheese Ziti Pasta is so flavorful that you will be soon adding it to your weeknight rotation.