This pumpkin pie crunch bake recipe is a layer of soft pumpkin filling topped with a cake crumble and crunchy pecans. We love to serve this rich dessert warm with a hefty helping of whipped cream or ice cream.
Pumpkin Puree, Yellow Cake Mix, and Pecans
This pumpkin pie crunch bake recipe is super simple to execute. It’s a three part process where the hardest part is waiting for this dessert to bake as your house fills with the sweet smell of pumpkin spice!
Start by greasing a 9×13 inch baking dish. Then, in a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, pumpkin spice, eggs, and salt. Pour this all into your baking dish.
Next, sprinkle the yellow cake mix across the top of your pumpkin filling evenly followed by doing the same with your pecans. Then drizzle the melted butter on top of everything. Do not mix this! By not mixing we are creating three amazing layers that make this dessert special! The bottom layer is a pumpkin goodness followed by layers of crumble and crunch. Yum!
Lastly, it is time to bake and wait! Carefully place your dish in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 50-60 minutes. Your house will begin to smell like fall! Then, once done, wait about 5-10 minutes for it to sit and cool. Serve warm. This pumpkin pie crunch bake is scrumptious by itself however adding a fancy swirl of Reddi whip or large dollop of cool whip or ice cream to the top is an extra added delight and never a bad idea!
We love to make this pumpkin recipe often as a simple dinner dessert however it also makes the perfect fall treat to bring to any family potluck, game day gathering or camping trip. If it’s an outdoor event, we like to like take warm in our pyrex carrying case. A warm dessert on a chilly day is always a hit! Either way, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Crunch Bake
- 14 ounce pumpkin puree(1 can) not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounce evaporated milk(1 can)
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package box yellow cake mix
- 1¼ cups pecans coasely chopped
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) melted
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the pumpkin, milk, sugar, spice, eggs, and salt. Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix on top.
- Scatter the pecans and then pour the melted butter on top to coat the cake mix and pecans. Do Not mix!
- Bake at 350° Fairenhiet for 50-60 or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and let set 5-10 mins. Serve warm with reddi whip, cool whip, or ice cream on top. Enjoy!