A savory tomato-based soup filled with spinach and tender cheese tortellini makes a perfect main or side dish. This spinach tortellini soup recipe takes frozen spinach and frozen cheese tortellini and turns them into a delightful soup full of flavors and textures.
Meatless Tortellini and Spinach Soup
In a large stockpot, saute the onions and garlic in oil until opaque and limp. Then add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring this all back to a boil while stirring occasionally. Next pour in the frozen spinach and tortellini. Bring the soup back to a boil. Keep stirring it frequently to break up the frozen spinach. Boil the soup until the tortellini is cooked through and tender. This will be about 10 minutes. Then keep the soup warm on low heat and serve. Enjoy!
We like to eat this spinach soup with butter crackers or toasted french bread. However, for the perfect soup side, try out these Toasted Baguette Slices(Crostini). Sliced French baguette brushed with olive oil and garlic powder and toasted in the oven, these snack-size bites take every soup to the next level.
Other Great Meatless Meal Ideas
Try out this Easy Baked Manicotti recipe. Tender manicotti noodles stuffed with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses and traditional pesto topped with a red spaghetti sauce is this perfect easy meal idea.
What about the refreshing taste of Tuna Salad? It’s quick and easy. Perfect for lunch or a busy night’s supper.
More Soup? Sweet, savory, and delightfully simple. This Baked Bean and Macaroni Soup recipe takes just four ingredients to make and will warm you right up!
Fresh greens and berries are always welcomed here! This Berry and Spinach Salad recipe is a winning combination of fresh red berries and crunchy walnuts top with tart onions. Add the sweet raspberry vinaigrette and it’s the best summer salad out there. A perfect blend of flavors in every bite!
Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 19 ounce frozen cheese tortellini don't thaw
- 10 ounce chopped frozen spinach don't thaw
- On medium heat, in a large stock pot add oil and cook the garlic and onions until the onions are limp and opaque.
- Then add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.Bring tthesoup to a boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Next, gently pour frozen tortellini and spinach. Bring to a boil again until tortellini is cooked through and tender. Stir frequently to break up spinach. About 10 minutes.
- Bring to low heat to keep warm and serve! We like to serve it with toasted french bread.