The ooey-gooey goodness of sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheddar cheese and hash browns melted together by hours of slow cooking makes these crockpot party potatoes a win at your next gathering!
This crockpot party potato recipe is my mothers’ and a family favorite so you know it’s good! It’s such an easy side to throw together for an occasion which gives me time to focus on making more yummy food. And, because we are Mid-Westerns, we love hearty sides and all the cheese, we practically make these potatoes for all our parties.
Easy Party Potatoes
Yep, this potato recipe is so easy! It takes no time to prep and, besides the occasional stir, you can set it and forget it in your crockpot!
How to make Party Potatoes
- Gather your ingredients. In a large bowl stir together the hash browns, sour cream, cream of celery soup, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- I prefer this recipe with the shredded hash browns but it’s equally tasty with the cubed.
- You can mix a single batch directly in your crockpot. However, since most of the time I am making for a party, I tend to double or triple the recipe and it’s so much easier to mix in a large bowl and not worry about keeping everything inside the crockpot. This also gives you a thorough mix of all ingredients too and now you don’t have to do as much stirring while it’s cooking.
- Salt and pepper are to taste. I tend to do a heaping measuring spoon of pepper because I like a little kick to my party potatoes.
- Now lightly grease the crockpot with cooking spray and dump in that potato and cheese mixture. Then pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk around the edge of your crockpot to prevent burning and done!
- Set the crockpot to high and cook for about 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
- It’s ok to go over the 4 hours a bit but from my experience and with more than a single batch, it will need at least 4 hours to cook through. Set to low or keep warm then, when the potatoes are tender.
More Easy Recipes
More yummy potatoes. This Loaded Baked Potato Slices Recipe makes a savory potato slice that is tender in the middle, slightly crispy on the outside, and topped with melty cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions.
If you are craving creamy cheese-covered pasta, this Five Cheese Ziti Recipe is for you! As a copycat recipe of Olive Garden’s five cheese ziti is so flavorful that you will be soon adding it to your weeknight rotation. Our family fights over this dinner!
Also, try out this other crockpot meal! The savory goodness of macaroni noodles slow-cooked in butter, milk, and Velveeta cheese is just the beginning of what this Crockpot Mac and Cheese can do. Crowd-pleasing and effortless, this recipe lets you dump and go for an easy main or side dish that entices all palates!
Want a dessert you can make in your crockpot? This Apple Spice Crock Pot Dump Cake is sure to get you in the mood for Fall! Cinnamon, spice, and everything nice! Yummy!
Crockpot Party Potatoes
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns(This is one bag.) shredded or cubed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 21 ounces cream of celery soup This is TWO(10.5oz) small cans.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ½ cup milk
- Mix the hash browns, sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper together in a large bowl. -You can mix these ingridents in the crockpot if you are not doubling the recipe.
- Lightly grease a crockpot and pour in the hash brown and cheese mixture. Pour the milk around the outside edge of the crockpot to prevent burning.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Stir occasionally. Turn to keep warm or low when hash browns are tender and done. Serve and enjoy!