Melted swiss cheese and warm ham sandwiched between sweet Hawaiian rolls covered in a savory butter sauce that’s all toasted to perfection is this ham and cheese sliders recipe. Addicting and delicious, these warm mini sandwiches can be the main dish to a busy weeknight meal or a favorite appetizer to your next party!
My family loves these ham and cheese sliders! They are relatively simple to make. The Hawaiian rolls mini sandwich size makes them great for little eaters and keeps them fun for party-goers. Plus, you can easily customize these sliders by switching out your meat and cheeses to those that your crowd prefers!
How to make Simple Ham and Cheese Sliders
Part 1: Make the butter sauce.
Mix together the 1/4 cup melted butter, dijon mustard, honey, parsley, and garlic powder until completely combined. This is the butter mixture. Set aside.
Part 2: Prep the Hawaiian rolls and layer.
Slide the Hawaiian rolls out of the package and cut them in half vertically into two slabs. Place the bottom slab cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I like to use a baking sheet because once the sliders are baked it’s easier to cut your sliders on a sheet versus cutting them in a dish.) Then lightly brush less than half of the butter on top.
Next, fold the slices of ham in half and lay them on top of the buttered rolls. Then add the cheese. We did two layers with provolone on one half(It has a mild flavor for my picky eaters.) and swiss cheese on the other half(I much preferred this one and the extra flavor it brought to the sliders.)
Finally, add the stop slab of Hawaiian rolls cut side down. Generously brush the remaining butter mixture to the top and sides of the rolls.
Part 3: Bake and Eat!
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are browning. Be careful, the rolls might slide when removing them from the oven! Then cut the slabs into 12 even sliders. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Eat one or four! Sliders are the perfect select-a-size sandwiches. Great for football and birthday parties, date nights, or a simple weeknight meal!
Other Great Sandwhiches for Parties
Try crockpot cheeseburgers! Browned ground beef, Velveeta cheese, and the subtle kick of garlic, onion, and mustard all come together to give you quick and easy crockpot cheeseburgers. Crockpot cheeseburgers are the fun and cheesy version of traditional sloppy joes and deserve a spot in your weeknight meal rotation today!
Need something for a brunch? Creamy Miracle Whip, freshly chopped celery, hard-boiled eggs, canned tuna, and a dash of pepper all come together for a great hassle-free dinner idea. This tuna salad recipe is a refreshing and light meal but quick to make, perfect for a healthy diet and a lifestyle on the go!
These look promising and absolutely delicious! Two layers of smoked meats and cheese pack these Italian BMT Sliders with flavor and make this easy sandwich a meat lovers dream come true!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1 package Hawaiian Rolls(12 rolls)
- 8 slices cheese(We did 4 provolone and 4 swiss cheese.)
- 5 slices cooked deli ham(about 7 ounces)
- ¼ cup butter(½ stick) melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk together in a small bowl the melted butter, mustard, honey, parsley, and garlic powder. This is the butter mixture. Set aside.
- Slide the rolls out of the package and slice them in half vertically creating two slabs. Do not cut the individual rolls out.
- Take the bottom slab and put it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper cut side up. Then brush the rolls lightly with the butter mixture using less than half of the mixture.
- Next, Fold the slices of ham in half and lay them on top of the buttered rolls.
- Add the cheese slices. We did two layers with provolone cheese on one half and swiss cheese on the other half.
- Now place the top slab of the rolls cut side down. Generously brush the remaining butter mixture on the top and sides of the ham and cheese rolls.
- Bake at 350° Farhaneit for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and tops browning. Be careful. The rolls might slide when you remove them from the oven. Then cut the slab of rolls into 12 even sliders. Serve warm. Enjoy!