This glazed pumpkin cookie recipe is the best pumpkin cookie out there! Fluffy cake-like pumpkin cookies topped with a sweet and simple brown sugar glaze are just the right amount of fall flavor to make you feel all the feelings of crisp, cool days, cozy nights, and the beautiful beginnings of holiday traditions. The perfect intro to a great season!
This glazed pumpkin cookie recipe is hands down one of our fall favorites and I stock canned pumpkin in my pantry mainly for this dessert. These cookies are so good that the serving size is generally two or more at a time often leading to a fight over the last few. If you want a soft cookie that is also savory, this is your guy!
How to make Pumpkin Cookie topped with a Simple Glaze
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
First, let us make the flour mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set this aside.
Next, in a large mixing bowl(I like to use my Kitchenaide stand mixer here.), cream together your softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined. Scrape the bowl a few times here to make sure nothings hiding on the bottom and there’s an even mix.
While your mixer is slowly mixing, gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Now we have our yummy pumpkin cookie dough.
Let’s bake! Add a tablespoon of dough on an ungreased baking sheet about every three inches. Depending on how large your baking sheet is you will be able to fit 12-16 cookies on each large cookie sheet. Bake these pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browning.
After the cookies are baked, transfer them to a cooling rack for at least 20-30 minutes or until they are completely cooled.
Making the Glaze for Pumpkin Cookies
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter and brown sugar to bubbling. Here the mixture will be thick and you will see it start to get larger and expand over the heat. Stir constantly for one minute to thicken the glaze.
Next, beat in the milk. The mixture will now be at an almost boil or boiling. Stir constantly for one minute to thicken the glaze.
Slowly stir in the powdered sugar until you reach a glaze consistency that is smooth and spreadable. Using a pastry brush, spatula or knife quickly spread the glaze over each cookie. The glaze will harden fast so be prompt and have your cookies ready to go! You can leave the saucepan on your lowest heat to slow the process.
And done! Enjoy these glazed pumpkin cookies as your own little piece of fall heaven! They are perfect for tailgate parties, pumpkin craving get-togethers, and Thanksgiving as a pumpkin pie alternative.
More Fall Favorites
If you want more pumpkin yumminess… This pumpkin pie crunch bake recipe is a layer of soft pumpkin filling topped with a cake crumble and crunchy pecans. We love to serve this rich dessert warm with a hefty helping of whipped cream or ice cream.
Want more pumpkin? These sound amazing and are next on my list to try. Pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and cream cheese: it doesn’t get any more autumn than that. This pumpkin spice cupcake is the epitome of fall desserts.
Try this ‘cool’ treat! Fun orange jello sandwiched between layers of crunchy crushed Oreos and creamy cool whip and cream cheese are an array of yummy flavors and textures that make this Halloween dirt dessert yumtastic. Then garnish it with your scariest gummy creepy crawlers and watch this spooktacular dessert disappear!
Perfect savory snack for your next fall get-together! Melted swiss cheese and warm ham sandwiched between sweet Hawaiian rolls covered in a yummy butter sauce that’s all toasted to perfection is this ham and cheese sliders recipe. Addicting and delicious, these warm mini sandwiches can be the main dish to a busy weeknight meal or a favorite appetizer to your next party!
Glazed Pumpkin Cookie
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter(2 sticks) softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ cups powder sugar
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set this flour mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Then mix in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Now place about a tablespoon of the cookie dough on a baking sheet three inches apart.
- Bake at 350° Farenheit for about 10-12 minutes. Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and glaze once cooled for at least 20-30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and brown sugar to bubbling. You will see it expand and get larger with the heat.
- Beat in the milk. Now the mixture should be at almost boil or boil. Stir constantly for one minute to thicken.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until you get a glaze that's smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the glaze on each cookie using a pastry brush, knife, or spatula. Act quickly as the glaze will harden fast. You can keep the saucepan over the warm burner on low heat to slow the hardening.