The crunch of crushed Oreo cookies and the creamy filling of cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and Cool whip come together to make this Oreo Dirt Pudding Dessert recipe amazing! A perfect dessert for any occasion!
How to make Dirt Pudding Dessert
Crush up your Oreos(or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies) for your crunchy layer. Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and whipped topping to get your creamy layer. Layer this deliciousness in a 9×13 baking pan. Chill in your refrigerator. Relax and Enjoy!!
This dessert recipe is meant to be easy to make and enjoy! We make this dirt dessert recipe because the pudding and cream cheese mixture sets up nice and thick. No soupy dessert here! If your pudding isn’t setting up pop it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to help it along before mixing it with the cream cheese.
Tip: There are never leftovers. So take a little or a lot but don’t expect leftovers. This pan always comes back empty. Kids LOVE this dessert!
Bring Oreo Dirt Pudding to any occasion like bbqs, family gatherings, and holiday parties. You can’t go wrong!
Add additional fun by placing gummy worms in the pudding. A kid-friendly treat even adults can appreciate!
Other Quick Sides for Your Next Gathering
Sweet caramel bugles and salty rye chips mixed with all the flavors of a savory family-sized bag of Chex mix makes this snack a win at every party! Sweet and Salty Chex Party Mix is all about dumping bags of goodies together and making a delicious snack in minutes. It’s the best of both worlds!
Want to have at least one healthy side for kids to snack on at this weekends party? If so, this sweet and creamy apple dip is the answer! And it’s super quick. Slice up those apples, pair it with this dip and watch apples disappear!
Oreo Dirt Pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding 2 packages/boxes of 3.4 ounces
- 3½ cups cold milk I used 2% milk.
- 12 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 15 ounces Oreo cookies crushed
- gummy worms for fun!
- In a large bowl cream together cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar. This is the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together milk and both packages of instant pudding for 2 minutes, then set aside 2 minutes until soft set.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the pudding. Then gently fold in the whipped topping.
- In a non greased 9×13 pan, layer 1/3 of the crushed Oreos on the bottom of the pan followed by half of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers and then top with remaining crushed Oreos.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set. Add any additioanl topping like gummy worms and enjoy! Serve immeditaly.