Tender chicken and rotini noodles covered in a zesty sauce of garlic parmesan wing sauce and Italian dressing make this creamy Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta recipe the perfect crowd-pleasing dish.
This crockpot meal idea marries two of our favorite restaurant’s flavors, Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce and Olive Garden Italian Dressing, for a delightful pasta dish that’s beyond tasty. It’s an easy six-ingredient crockpot pasta recipe that is full of delicious flavor but still mild enough for picky eaters.
This chicken pasta dish recipe came to me from a good friend. She said, “It’s easy. Has some amazing flavor and is kid-approved!” And she wasn’t wrong. We made it twice in the first week! Plus, it pairs well with simple sides that we have stocked in our freezer and refrigerator like steamed broccoli and salad.
I also love that it has just enough sauce too. More times than not crockpot dishes are waterlogged but not this crockpot garlic parm chicken! The sauce is thick and creamy and just the right amount!
How to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken in the Crockpot
This crockpot recipe is two-part. First, cook the chicken in the marinade. Second, add the cooked pasta and serve!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- Cutting the raw chicken breast into cubes first makes shredding the chicken easier once it’s cooked. Also, 1-2″ pieces of chicken is a good size when paired with a fork full of pasta.
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan wing sauce
- 3/4 cup Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1- 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 16 ounces rotini noodles, cooked later per package instructions
Add garlic parmesan sauce, Italian dressing, cubed, softened cream cheese, and grated parmesan cheese to the crockpot and stir. Then add the 1″ cubed chicken breast. Stir to combine.
Cook chicken in the crockpot for 3-4 hours on low until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and shreds easily with a fork. Shred all chicken cubes.
Cook rotini pasta per package instructions, drain, stir into shredded garlic parmesan chicken mixture. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tips and tricks for Great Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Two pounds of chicken is roughly two larger chicken breasts.
- This easy crockpot recipe works well with either 12 ounces or 16 ounces of pasta.
- Shred the chicken as the pasta is cooking to save time.
- If your pasta seems to be a little dry, add up to a 1/4 cup of milk.
- Want to make it gluten-friendly? Try adding gluten-free noddles or serving the chicken in the garlic sauce only over zoodles.
Sides for Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
You can keep sides simple for this chicken dish because it is so full of good rich flavors. We love lightly buttered steamed broccoli and homemade garlic bread. Think fresh green beans too. Or our roasted broccoli with parmesan recipe would be delicious! Also doing a side salad and using up the Olive Garden Italian dressing is always a win.
Storing Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Then stir in a splash of milk to the pasta if it seems dry when reheating.
Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken
This simple chicken crockpot recipe is like the famous buffalo wild wings garlic parmesan chicken pasta recipe with the extra Olive Garden Italian dressing. The Italian dressing tones down the kick of garlic parmesan sauce as the wing sauce can be spicy if you have kids or sensitive eaters. If you want more garlic parmesan kick, omit the Italian dressing, add the whole bottle of garlic parmesan sauce with a cup of milk.
More Great Meal Ideas
Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into 1" cubes
- ¾ cup Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan wing sauce
- ¾ cup Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened, cubed
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- Add garlic parmesan sauce, Italian dressing, cubed, softened cream cheese, and grated parmesan cheese to the crockpot and stir. Then add the 1" cubed chicken breast. Stir to combine.
- Cook chicken in the crockpot for 3-4 hours on low until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and shreds easily with a fork. Shred all chicken cubes.
- Then cook the rotini pasta per package instructions, drain, stir into shredded garlic parmesan chicken mixture. Serve warm and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If the pasta seems dry, add a splash of milk when reheating.